The North America maintenance, repair & overhaul distribution market size is expected to reach USD 178.85 billion by 2028 registering a CAGR of 2.9%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing product penetration in the manufacturing industry on account of standardization of critical services and equipment is expected to drive the market growth. Moreover, increasing product demand from other end-use industries is also likely to support market growth. The periodic maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) activities help reduce overall costs and enhance the productivity of the industrial operations, which is expected to drive their demand.
The MRO distribution or supply chain was traditionally considered an indirect component of the industrial operations. The lack of focus and investments in MRO processes in the past resulted in the slow growth of the industry. However, the recent global pandemic has contributed to raising awareness regarding crisis management of the supply chain in the manufacturing industry, which is expected to benefit the market growth. The value chain of this market includes manufacturers, specialists, generalists, partnerships, integrated supply, and retailers. Manufacturers play a major role across the value chain, by possessing definitive control over the market as they monitor the product pricing. They usually command pricing on a customer-by-customer basis rather than on a distributor-by-distributor basis.
Request a free sample copy or view report summary: North America Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul Distribution Market Report
North America MRO Distribution Market Report Highlights
- Power transmission-pneumatics are expected to witness the fastest growth from 2021 to 2028 on account of the rising utilization of automated transmission in manufacturing facilities
- The food, beverage, & tobacco end-use industry accounted for a revenue share of 13.24% in 2020 owing to the increased focus of key companies on improvements in machine capabilities for enhanced food production
- Minnesota and Missouri were the major contributors to the region’s overall product demand owing to increased investments in the manufacturing and transportation sectors
- The manufacturing sector in Canada is anticipated to witness the fastest growth as the majority of the manufacturers are planning to invest in new equipment and machinery to gain a competitive advantage
- Moreover, manufacturers are trying to expand their customer reach through e-commerce platforms to access a wide range of categories, with significant expertise in the industry
North America MRO Distribution Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the North America maintenance, repair & overhaul distribution market on the basis of product, end use, and region:
North America MRO Distribution Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Cutting Tools
- Hand Tools
- Pipes, Valves & Fitting
- Power Tools
- Power Transmission – Hydraulics
- Power Transmission – Pneumatics
- Power Transmission – Electrics
- Rubber Products
- Welding Equipment & Gases
North America MRO Distribution End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- Food, Beverage, & Tobacco
- Wood & Paper
- Mining, Oil, & Gas
- Metal Processing & Foundry
- Rubber, Plastic & Non-Metallic
- Electrical & Electronics
North America MRO Distribution Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2028)
- North America
- New England
- Mid Atlantic
- East North Central
- West North Central
- South Atlantic
- East South Central
- West South Central
- West Region
List of Key Players of North America MRO Distribution Market
- Hillman Group, Inc.
- Wajax Industrial Components
- FCX Performance
- SBP Holdings
- R.S. Hughes Co., Inc.
- DGI Supply
- Lawson Products, Inc.
- Hisco, Inc.
- Kimball Midwest
- Bisco Industries
- Kaydon Corporation
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.